Sunday 4 November 2012

Purple Christmas

When I started this card I knew the image I wanted to use and the background paper and that was it! It changed direction so many times its unbelievable! but I'm pleased with the final outcome.  The image is by Papermania (I think from 2 years ago!), paper is from Bearly Mine Designs, I used vellum and embossed it with stars before stitching it to the card (yep dusted the sewing machine off for this one!) I even used sparkly purple thread but it doesn't show, then embossed some purple cs with same folder and swiped it with white ink pad then added to 2 layers of ribbon, inked the edge of the image to soften it and added some vellum snowflakes (quikcutz die) and purple gems.













I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Papertake Weekly ~ Sketch #73
Totally Papercrafts #141 ~ Twinkle twinkle, Christmas star
Craft 4 Eternity #96 Supanova colours
Our Creative Corner ~ Silhouette
TFL

Oh and the snow has almost gone now ;)

4 comments:

  1. I love this card Jac, the purple silhouette image is beautiful. Yes me too most of the time my cards end up being so much different than I had planned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome sweetie. Thank you for sharing it with us at Totally Papercrafts and good luck.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Christmas card. Love your image and layout.
    Thanks for joining Crafts 4 Eternity this week.
    Hugs Berit

    ReplyDelete
  4. a purple reindeer was so unexpected from this challenge yet very interesting, love the frosty background & color palette. Thanks for playing along with Our Creative Corner!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are really appreciated. x