Wednesday 9 May 2012

Mad For Markers Vintage Dragon

Now this dragon image from the Fairy Ria and Friends collection available from the Mad For Markers Online Store I just adore but I wanted to make a vintage style card and really couldn't figure out what colours to go for so headed to my papers first and on choosing these wonderful papers from Echo Park Times & Seasons pad I realised that I didn't need to add much in the way of colour to the dragon so just used copic W1 for some shading (which still needs practice LOL) then I inked the edges, the ribbon is from my stash but I actually turned it over as the other side is very shiny and I thought too shiny for this style of card. I also used a tiny bit of the ribbon to make my tag.  Finished off with some nesties cog shapes and I think I have ended up with a vintage steampunk card





















I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Stampin' for the Weekend ~ Layers
Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge #184 ~ Sketch
2 Sisters #90 ~ Anything Goes
TFL



6 comments:

  1. Hi Jac this really looks super, loving that image so much I think you chose well to do just the shading it looks great, those papers are gorgeous a really fabby card.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fab Jac what great papers and LO cool card hugs rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card,love the image and fabulous papers.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous interpretation the sketch this week at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card Jac Love it! Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic take on my sketch thanks for joining us at Secret crafter Saturday challenge and good luck!

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are really appreciated. x