Thursday 28 April 2011

Crafty Sentiments ~ Royal Wedding

To celebrate the Royal Wedding on Friday Crafty Sentiments is challenging you to make a wedding themed project this week and the DT have made some gorgeous samples for you to see.  For my card I have used a kinetic card blank and I have kept the decoration quite minimal.  I have inked the flowers using versamark and then dusted them with mica pigment powders, I got in quite a mess by the end of it I can assure you!  I also cut out a frame using Nellies Multi Frames which I also inked and dusted, I have left the area inside the frame blank until I have a wedding to celebrate and can personalise it.  My image is the beautiful wedding Amy and again I kept my colouring to a minimum, I really couldnt decide on a colour for her flowers and while I was umming and ahhing Ria took one look at it and said I would leave the flowers white they look really good ~ so I did and I think I have to agree with her and am pleased wtih the effect and was able to use a few little white flowers with a gold mesh bow as my finishing element.  I think I managed to acheive what I set out to acheive and quite like this despite the mess I got into trying to make it!  I hope you can join us for the challenge we have 2 sponsors this week so be sure to check out the Crafty Sentiments challenge blog for all the details.



I would also like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Stampin' for the weekend # 8 ~ Wedding
Totally Papercrafts #63 ~ Weddings
Crafty Cardmakers # 44 ~ A royal wedding
TFL

7 comments:

  1. This is stunning Jac and a great theme for us this week Love Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an elegant card ..i love the white and gold
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this is amazing, so elegant and fantastic folds on your card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. very sweet card, the royal couple would be lucky to receive it.
    thanks for playing with us at SFTW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great wedding card I think the flowers look lovely white too - there is a little something on my blog for you Here

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Jac, love the gold details and adorable image. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jac this is such a sweet card it's lovely thanks for joining us at Crafty cardmakers
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, your comments are really appreciated. x